System Monitor applet and other Gnome3 tips

Gnome3 is revolutionary. But to enjoy its benefits, I had to exercise my zen side and let many old habits behind. I decided to give it a try. I'm liking it.

But even liking Gnome3, I was missing System-Monitor applet. But now I have it. :-)




I followed Matthew Casperson's post and added just some little steps:

After following the steps described on Matthew Casperson's post:

$ mkdir ~/bin
$ cd ~/bin
$ ln -s ~/git_projects/gnome-shell-system-monitor-applet/system-monitor-applet-config.py system-monitor-applet-config

Those steps will enable you to call "Preferences" on the applet icon.

I would also recommend reading other Matthew Casperson's post: Gnome 3 Tips and Tricks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toshiba R830 and 16GB of RAM

Five steps to create Fedora chroot jail using yum

GitHub Social Coding